Eversight (Palo Alto, CA)
June 2017 – Present
- Collaborating with engineering, product management, and customer success teams.
- Building prototypes for customer feedback and insights into new business ventures.
- Working with data science and machine learning to produce a product that helps drive key business decisions and analytics on consumer behaviors.
- Leading all UX/UI efforts across 3 products.
- Integrating design into an engineering-focused process to help drive product through rapid experimentation and design thinking.
- Interacting directly with the lead VC and executive team as we explore new product ideas and business opportunities.
Co-Founder, Lead Product Designer
Sureify (San Jose, CA)
October 2014 – June 2017
- Led information architecture, interaction design, wire-framing and prototyping for enterprise and consumer applications.
- Engaged directly with clients, investors and user-testing volunteers.
- Developed agile design processes to improve workflow and product enhancements.
- Interacted directly with Product Managers, CEO, CTO, and VP of Sales.
- Managed a product team of 10 developers and 2 contract designers.
- Contributed to closing $500k (seed) from private investors.
- Prototype proposals assisted in signing of first customer to a $200k, 6-month pilot program.
- Led design on pilot program — 500 users for 6 months, led to 40% increase in customer engagement.
- Large contributor to closing $3M Series-A round from one of the largest global reinsurance firms.
UX / UI Designer
Vendus Product Labs (San Jose, CA)
October 2014 – July 2016
- Led integration of Lean UX and Agile Design methodologies into both design and dev processes.
- Built company from ground up with team of 5 managers and 20 developers, while simultaneously working with current clients and acquiring new clients.
- Created product MVP's and rapid prototypes for sales and acquirement purposes.
- Designed and launched 3 initial products for various startups to acquire funding and customer bases.
- Designed 10+ landing pages, 5 dashboards, 4 web apps, and 5 mobile apps (Android & iOS).
- Led end-to-end product design on 2 side projects: SafeDeliver (a crowd-sourcing delivery system), and Sureify (a life insurance platform for millennials - which is now a fully-funded startup).
- Major contributor to producing over $1.5m in sales in company's first year.
Stanford University, The Risk Authority at Stanford University, Genentech Labs, Honda R&D, Honda Motors of America, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Sutter Health, California Common Sense, Abode Home Security Systems, Dwelo Smart Apartment Platform, Rice Financial Consulting, OneCompensation, EchoRank, EyeIO, Celf Preservation,.
Sazze, Inc. (Campbell, CA)
April 2014 – October 2014
- Lead all things design (product, UX, UI, marketing) across 6 products.
- Worked directly with CEO, CTO, and Lead Developer on product enhancements.
- Combined DealsPlus' 2 separate mobile and desktop sites into a single, responsive experience.
- Implemented the "flatification" of DealsPlus app for iOS7; simplifying the design and user experience.
- Rebranded ProGrids product; including logo work, website and marking designs.
- Rebranded and redesigned DealsPlus (which saw 1.5m+ unique users per month) for a more engaging experience to create recurring interactions and decrease bounce rates.
- Redesigned Pocketly from the ground up; forming the product, planning and implementing the UX flows, designing the brand and look of the app, and designing the app mockups.
HH Global @ Google (Mountain View, CA)
August 2013 – April 2014
- Worked alongside Google SMB Marketing and various Google products (AdWords, AdWords Express, Places, AdSense, Analytics, Google Partners, Google Play, Google Fiber, Shopping Express) at their Mountain View campus.
- Designed marketing pieces such as DM's and eDM's to connect with SMB Partners.
- Managed updates for Google Cross-Sell email campaigns spanning over 60 countries in the America's, Asia, and Europe.
- Formatted and designed high profile presentation decks for both internal and external purposes.
- Designed marketing and product print material for the release of Google Fiber, currently spanning 3 cities.
- Localized designs for various countries around the globe.
- Graphics have been featured on various technology blog sites related to Google.
Protective Life (San Francisco, CA)
June 2013 – August 2013
- Developed site wireframes and pixel-perfect designs for marketing pages.
- Uploaded new or edited content in website content management system.
- Worked directly with Marketing Director and site developers.
- Designed marketing displays for sponsoring of University of Alabama - large LED banners for display at football games and small web banners for display on their athletics website.
- Assisted in UI design of application tracker for customers to follow their application process to provide a more interactive and involving experience for the customer.
Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA)
August 2012 – June 2013
- Hybrid support role of design and content management with Internet Creative and eCommerce teams.
- Managed all banners, thumbnails, recipe landing pages, chef pages, and special templates to be up-to-date with the latest products and content (over 150+ design updates monthly).
- Managed shot lists and photos for product photo shoots - over 200 products.
- Designed banner images and content for over 600 food product pages.
- Collaborated with site designers to replace typefaces of over 150 category banner images.
- Self-taught to use Adobe Social platform in order to design and develop a Facebook application for a promotional sweepstakes that allowed users to enter for a chance to win a trip to Morocco.
- 4-week contract that extended to 5 months, then promoted to year-long Freelance Production Designer position.
VGF Design, Inc.
April 2006 – August 2010
- Participated as a principle designer at a small online agency.
- Managed projects, represented agency to clients and produced mobile and desktop designs with pixel perfect assets and well documented deliverables.
- Managed small team of 5 designers, interfacing with over 200 clients.
- Led weekly stand-ups and managed various project roadmaps.
- Collaborated directly with CEO and various managers.
Volunteer Solar Installer
SunWorks Renewable Energy Projects
January 2017 – Present
- SunWork-certified in attaching racking, running conduit, hanging inverters, and mounting solar panels.
- Participate in classroom education in the basics of solar, electricity, and construction.
- Provide volunteer installation support to SunWork professionals.
BFA, Graphic Design
University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA)
August 2010 – May 2012
- Member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Member of the Graphic Design Club (AIGA)
- Graphic Designer for Associated Students of UOP (ASuop)
- Director of Editing for Pacific's "One Word" Project
- Made Dean's List each year