Eversight, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)
June 2017 – Present
- Information to come...
Co-Founder, Lead Product Designer
Sureify (San Jose, CA)
October 2014 – June 2017
- Leading information architecture, interaction design, wire-framing and prototyping for enterprise and consumer applications.
- Engaging directly with clients, investors and user-testing volunteers.
- Leading daily standup meetings and weekly product sprints.
- Supporting design on all landing pages, pitch decks, and marketing materials.
- Developing agile design processes to improve workflow and product enhancements.
- Interacting directly with Product Managers, CEO, CTO, and VP of Sales.
- Managing a product team of 10 developers and 2 contract designers.
- Directly assisted in raising seed round from several angel investors.
- Large contributor to closing $3m Series-A round from one of the largest global reinsurance firms.
UX / UI Designer
Vendus Product Labs (San Jose, CA)
October 2014 – July 2016
- Led integration of Lean UX and Agile Design methodologies into both design and dev processes.
- Built company from ground up with team of 5 managers and 20 developers, while simultaneously working with current clients and acquiring new clients.
- Created product MVP's and rapid prototypes for sales and acquirement purposes.
- Designed and launched 3 initial products for various startups to acquire funding and customer bases.
- Designed 10+ landing pages, 5 dashboards, 4 web apps, and 5 mobile apps (Android & iOS).
- Led end-to-end product design on 2 side projects: SafeDeliver (a crowd-sourcing delivery system), and Sureify (a life insurance platform for millennials - which is now a fully-funded startup).
- Major contributor to producing over $1.5m in sales in company's first year.
Stanford University, The Risk Authority at Stanford University, Genentech Labs, Honda R&D, Honda Motors of America, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Sutter Health, California Common Sense, Abode Home Security Systems, Dwelo Apartment Automation, Rice Financial Consulting, OneCompensation, EchoRank, EyeIO, Celf Preservation, a various small projects.
Sazze, Inc. (Campbell, CA)
April 2014 – October 2014
- Lead all things design (product, UX, UI, marketing) across 6 products.
- Worked directly with CEO, CTO, and Lead Developer on product enhancements.
- Combined DealsPlus' 2 separate mobile and desktop sites into a single, responsive experience.
- Implemented the "flatification" of DealsPlus app for iOS7; simplifying the design and user experience.
- Rebranded ProGrids product; including logo work, website and marking designs.
- Rebranded and redesigned DealsPlus (which saw 1.5m+ unique users per month) for a more engaging experience to create recurring interactions and decrease bounce rates.
- Redesigned Pocketly from the ground up; forming the product, planning and implementing the UX flows, designing the brand and look of the app, and designing the app mockups.
HH Global @ Google (Mountain View, CA)
August 2013 – April 2014
- Worked alongside Google SMB Marketing and various Google products (AdWords, AdWords Express, Places, AdSense, Analytics, Google Partners, Google Play, Google Fiber, Shopping Express) at their Mountain View campus.
- Designed marketing pieces such as DM's and eDM's to connect with SMB Partners.
- Managed updates for Google Cross-Sell email campaigns spanning over 60 countries in the America's, Asia, and Europe.
- Formatted and designed high profile presentation decks for both internal and external purposes.
- Designed marketing and product print material for the release of Google Fiber, currently spanning 3 cities.
- Localized designs for various countries around the globe.
- Graphics have been featured on various technology blog sites related to Google.
Protective Life (San Francisco, CA)
June 2013 – August 2013
- Developed site wireframes and pixel-perfect designs for marketing pages.
- Uploaded new or edited content in website content management system.
- Worked directly with Marketing Director and site developers.
- Designed marketing displays for sponsoring of University of Alabama - large LED banners for display at football games and small web banners for display on their athletics website.
- Assisted in UI design of application tracker for customers to follow their application process to provide a more interactive and involving experience for the customer.
Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA)
August 2012 – June 2013
- Hybrid support role of design and content management with Internet Creative and eCommerce teams.
- Managed all banners, thumbnails, recipe landing pages, chef pages, and special templates to be up-to-date with the latest products and content (over 150+ design updates monthly).
- Managed shot lists and photos for product photo shoots - over 200 products.
- Designed banner images and content for over 600 food product pages.
- Collaborated with site designers to replace typefaces of over 150 category banner images.
- Self-taught to use Adobe Social platform in order to design and develop a Facebook application for a promotional sweepstakes that allowed users to enter for a chance to win a trip to Morocco.
- 4-week contract that extended to 5 months, then promoted to year-long Freelance Production Designer position.
VGF Design, Inc.
April 2006 – August 2010
- Participated as a principle designer at a small online agency.
- Managed projects, represented agency to clients and produced mobile and desktop designs with pixel perfect assets and well documented deliverables.
- Managed small team of 5 designers, interfacing with over 200 clients.
- Led weekly stand-ups and managed various project roadmaps.
- Collaborated directly with CEO and various managers.
Volunteer Solar Installer
SunWorks Renewable Energy Projects
January 2017 – Present
- SunWork-certified in attaching racking, running conduit, hanging inverters, and mounting solar panels.
- Participate in classroom education in the basics of solar, electricity, and construction.
- Provide volunteer installation support to SunWork professionals.
BFA, Graphic Design
University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA)
August 2010 – May 2012
- Member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Member of the Graphic Design Club (AIGA)
- Graphic Designer for Associated Students of UOP (ASuop)
- Director of Editing for Pacific's "One Word" Project
- Made Dean's List each year